Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Bryce 2.0

This is Bryce 1.0
I love Bryce 1.0 more than I ever knew was possible before I became a mom. Bryce 1.0 has also been a trial for me. Bryce 1.0 cries. A lot. A LOT lot. Whenever I walk away. Or walk back. Or hold him, or don't hold him, or rock him or stand with him or sit with him. He got a TON better after his acid reflux healed. But he's still been just a crier. And clingy. I can take the crying because he has the CUTEST and HAPPIEST times in between! But I probably wouldn't complain if there were more of the happy moments....
Enter Bryce 2.0.

Bryce 2.0 is happy. He grins at me when I walk away and he can find things to entertain himself. He smiles whether he is sitting or standing or laying down. And 2 days ago for the FIRST TIME EVER he woke up from a nap cooing instead of screaming. Bryce started being Bryce 2.0 a couple weeks ago. Marty and I aren't really sure what happened or why he hasn't been crying so much. We are just crossing our fingers that he is entering a new (and permanent!) phase of life. The last couple of weeks have been SO MUCH FUN at the Johnson house!!!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

yeah for improvements and upgrades!

Christy said...

Yay for Bryce 2.0!!! Although we still loved Bryce 1.0 too. We'll keep our fingers crossed for you too.

AmbertheGreat said...

don't you love those switch overs! how we wish they were born that way. he is so cute though

Jana said...

Oh, I am SO GLAD to hear that!!! What a miracle...that's like when Emma switched to formula and suddenly she was like, "oh, thank you for feeding me enough now. I'll be pleasant for you." It was such a relief...here's hoping that 2.0 doesn't malfunction!