Saturday, February 27, 2010

Only 50% of my posts can be about free food so...


I am posting something else. This is Marty by the way. I love my wife. She surprised me today with the movie "The Best Two Years." Great movie and all but has extra special meaning to us because today is the six year anniversary of our first date to that movie. (Of course I already knew that without the surprise present...)
It has been so fun to reflect on our first date though and how much has changed. I actually took her to that movie because I knew she was planning on a mission. I think we were both excited for the date but certainly didn't think of the implications of it at the time.
And even though we didn't date seriously til ten months later and the biggest yes came in the temple, eight months after that, I still can't help thinking about the magnitude of the decision that she made to say yes to a goofy guy asking her on a date. (Especially since she said no the first time. Haha teasing Em) And I am so grateful that she took the chance. All of the real happiness that has come to me over the past 6 years stems from the chance you took Em and I am so thankful that you did. I love you.

2 comments:

Jordan + Amber + Camryn + Brighton said...

that is so sweet Marty! :) Congrats on 6 years of wonderful dating!
[the breaks in between we'll look the other way on]
:) haha
You guys are awesome!

Unknown said...

Aww. What a great story.