Thursday, February 18, 2010

A few new Brycer discoveries, and Valentine's Day

Here is Bryce, looking sweeter than triple chocolate cake. Also looking VERY SHAGGY.


As you can see, his hair is beginning to curl a little around the ears.
But I don't know how to cut boy hair! About a year ago, I finally gave in to Marty's begging and pleading and learned how to cut my husband's hair. I hate doing it, it is so stressful! What if I do a terrible job one night, then send him into the lion's den the next morning - his seminary students....teenagers can be ruthless, you know. Anyway, I've been trying to trim Bryce's hair around his ears and his bangs, but that just wasn't going to cut it this time. So I took the easy way out and just BUZZED IT!

So here are my discoveries:

1. Bryce is even blonder than I thought.

2. Bryce is even CUTER than I thought (ya, I didn't know it was possible either)!

3. Bryce looks EVEN MORE LIKE HIS DADDY than I thought (and that one I definitely didn't think was possible)!!!
And here we are on Valentine's day making the traditional heart shaped pizzas.

Our tradition of heart shaped pizzas on Valentine's Day goes way back. The year we were dating, Marty sent a heart shaped pizza to my student government office and gave my friend an assignment to keep me there until the pizza was delivered. Which was hard since she was such a quiet girl and I was "in a hurry," and "no, I didn't order a pizza, that's for the other Emily, see ya!" Anyway, I finally caught on and thought it was the cutest thing ever. The next year he sent it to my office at the equity center (that was 6 months after we were married). The next year my baby girl was two months old, and you'd think I'd be expecting it. Luckily, Marty knows how forgetful I am and called to tell me that "Jeff said that Jana said she needs to come over and borrow something around lunch time, so don't go anywhere." Which was fine, because basically all I did for the first few months of Brynn's life was lounge around and snuggle with her. Surprise! Another heart shaped pizza! The next year I finally expected it, and got it. Last year Valentine's Day was on a Saturday and my mom was visiting, so we all went and got one together. Which brings us to this year and....
This beauty! I must say, there are not a lot of meals that I have perfected in my short few years playing housewife....but I am a really good pizza maker! This year I went all out and bought a nice bottle of artichokes. Marty wouldn't touch them because they are pickled, and he doesn't eat anything pickled or the slightest bit vinegar-y. :(
And Brycer enjoyed his first real treat that night!
Really, I just thought I hadn't quite posted enough shirtless Bryce pictures yet.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Emily!! I love the way you tell your stories!!
And I'm totally there with you about really only mastering pizza.

Rachel said...

He seriously looks so much like Martin, it's amazing. And what a cool Valentine tradition idea!

Jana said...

So I knew he looked more grown up the other night, but now seeing the pictures side by side, it's like he grew 4 or 5 months just by getting a haircut! You can see that his head shape looks JUST like Marty!
We got heart-shaped pizza for Valentine's this year too! From Papa Murphy's...on Friday or Saturday. Pretty great.
You may make pizza for us whenever you like, it looks amazing!