Friday, April 25, 2008

The Symphony and other stuff






Last night Marty and I had a very nice night out at the Phoenix Symphony. My brother gave me tickets for my birthday, so thanks Justin and Helen! Going to the symphony was one of my absolute favorite things in the universe to do, but I haven't made time (or a budget) for it lately. Well, last night we heard Mendelssohn's violin concerto in e minor which I have been wanting to hear live since I was 15. I couldn't believe it when Justin said that's what the tickets were to - it is seriously one of my top 5 favorite songs. And the performance was INCREDIBLE! It feels so good to be in the middle of all of that music and it's a really spiritual experience for me. Something about beautiful classical music like that really makes me want to be a better person. Well, I will stop blabbering!


What else is new?


*Marty is serving on jury duty right now, which looks like it will last about two weeks. It's actually been a nice break for him, although I can tell he is taking it very seriously. But the first morning he was positively giddy to walk out the door at 8:00 am (rather than 5:30 or 6) and in JEANS! I can't wait until it's over and I can hear all about it!



*We are now down to one car - just in time for summer! Someone hit me at a red light - no injuries but this will be the second time my poor Red Dragon has been totaled. The other guy's insurance should pay for it since it was his fault, but I just have this nightmare feeling that somehow they will find a way out of paying it. I have been very spoiled - I have so much respect for all of you that live on just one car! I am NOT looking forward to walking everywhere in the heat!

6 comments:

shweta said...

thats a sweet one...........ur post,i liked it

Jana said...

So, the new plan is: the boys share a car and the girls share a car. They take one to work, and we share the other one here at home. PERFECT!
Also, you are so cultured to go to the symphony. When we saw you guys drive away yesterday I'm like, "they're going to the symphony." and Jeff's like, "yeah, weird.....they're both music people." We are uncultured swine compared to you. BUT we did see Beauty and the Beast, which you should totally go see tomorrow night because it's the last night! And we'll watch Brynn. OK, I'm done making plans for you. For now.

Jana said...

P.S. do you HAVE to have the word verification on here? Just checking...some people don't realize it's on there because it's automatic....

Ulrich Family said...

Nice! I bet Marty is the cutest juror ever! Really miss you guys and I wish things would have worked out to come see you last weekend. Hopefully we can work it out soon.
-Scott

Marty and Emily said...

Sorry, everyone! Yes, I realize that the word verification is on and that it is annoying, but I was getting weird automated advertising comments that take you to a page that's like impossible to get out of, and the word verification helps to prevent that. Trust me, you want it on - the weird comments were infuriating.
And ps with the car, Jana - Brynn's carseat complicates things, AND I don't know when Marty will be done with jury duty. But after that, let's try to work something out - I think it's officially summer! YIKES!

Steph Revelli said...

Hey! I'm glad you liked Micah's tax deduction shirt...I just got it at Target, it was only 3 dollars! haha Everywhere I went that day people thought it was pretty funny!