Friday, April 4, 2008

Spring Break

We had such a great spring break! My parents (from Spanish Fork, UT), my brother Corey (from Albuquerque, NM) and our little family (GO MESA!!!) met in the middle at Kanab, UT. We had so much fun, whether just hanging out together at the hotel, hiking, or sightseeing.


Brynn warmed up to Uncle Corey pretty quickly!






All the pictures I have right now are from the breathtaking Zion National Park.

Corey, Marty and I set out to do the Angel's Landing hike. It was SO INTENSE!

Only half-way there, did you say?
These switchbacks are starting to get brutal.
You want me to climb up THAT?
For the last half mile, there are chains secured to the rocks. Why? Because many parts of the cliff are only a few feet wide, with a drop of 1200 feet on one side and 800 feet on the other.
Here is looking down at a spot we had just climbed. Corey took these pictures - I had a couple unpleasant bouts with vertigo. Could the view possibly be worth it?

Heck yes, it could!



We made it!!!!!




Meanwhile, down at the bottom, Grandma and Grandpa were watching Brynn...

...And spoiling her rotten!

We came back to find a little cowgirl waiting for us!


Daddy and Brynn missed each other!

What a wonderful weekend!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

looks like alot of fun. Way to go making it up angels landing. I love the cow girl look, don't let her grow out of it. Are you coming to Utah anytime soon?

Marty and Emily said...

Ya, sometime in late May or late July. Real specific, eh?

Admin said...

It looks like you had so much fun! There is NO way that you could get me to go and do something like that... you are awesome!!

Gretchen said...

I love to hike also! what fun, except the heights. I can't go that high. Love the cow girl outfit!

Jana said...

HOLY COW, girl! Sheesh!

Worthen World said...

I love Zions National. We went their last July! Beautiful!!!