Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mommy Day!

How do we feel about today?


Last Mother's Day Marty gave me a book called, "I Am a Mother," by Jane Clayson Johnson. I loved it! The whole premise of the book centered around something that I had been doing for the last 5 months, saying "Oh, I'm just a mom." Just?! If any of you have found yourselves saying or thinking that, this book will really give you a kick in the pants to realize how incredible it is to be able to stand and say, "I am a mother!"



"She who can paint a masterpiece or write a book that will influence millions deserves the admiration and the plaudits of mankind; but she who rears successfully a family of healthy beautiful sons and daughters, whose influence will be felt through generations to come, ...long after paintings shall have faded, and books and statues shall have decayed or shall have been destroyed deserves the highest honor that man can give, and the chicest blessings of God. In her hgih duty and service to humanity..., she is co-partner with the Creator himself" (David O. McKay, Gospel Ideals, 453-454).

Happy Mother's Day!
I love you, Mom! Thanks for everything!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Em
Happy mothers day! You are such a great mom and a good example to everyone. We miss you guys. Coming back to Utah anytime soon?

Worthen World said...

I love being a Mom and I think that it is too much of an honor to say that we are "just a Mom". I really like this post and loved the picture of you and your adorable baby.

Hiatt Family said...

I LOVE that top picture! You look gorgeous in it! Happy Mothers Day!
-Anjane'