Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Castles n' coasters

During fall break we went to Castles n' Coasters. I wasn't expecting too much because Marty and I are big amusement park enthusiasts and have been on some pretty awesome roller coasters.  But this is one of the funnest days our family has ever had.  Ever! We dropped off Clara with my parents and it was really fun to have a day back with just the six of us (I promise we love you, Clara!).  The roller coasters really couldn't compete but they were perfect for our family!  I really loved that the park was small enough that we didn't wear ourselves out just getting from one ride to another, they were all right there.  The lines were very small.  It was hot at first and then cooled off to a perfect temperature.  Everything just went so smoothly.  Did I mention this was so much fun?

This is "the mini-drop-tower."  Everyone loved this one but Camille.  She did try it once and was terrified so after that someone would stay behind and ride the carousel with her while the others rode the tower a few times (they were right next to each other).












Here is the "big-drop-tower."  Bryce went on it three times in a row, first with Marty and then twice with me.  And then we realized what bad parents we were because we had all just eaten big hot dogs and Bryce almost lost it when he stepped off the ride that last time.




The Bigs did the obstacle course and I took the Littles back to the kiddie rides.




Here's the "America roller coaster" (Gabe was the one coming up with most of the names).  It was a perfect ride for our family; enough thrill to be fun for the parents and a big thrill for the kids.  This one made us sad because Camille really wanted to ride it at first and then chickened out each time we tried it with her (understandable, she's three).  Then at the very end of the night she was so sure she was going to ride it, we were all excited and cheering her on but they closed the line right when we got there and Camille was so sad.


I couldn't believe my little four year old Gabe.  I already knew the Bigs were tough and way cool kids on coasters, but Gabe always surprises me.  The biggest coaster they have is pretty serious and has loops and is pretty fast.  Gabe was barely tall enough to ride it, but he LOVED it!  He wanted to ride that one over and over.

We got back late and when we picked up our baby I couldn't believe how much I missed her!  What a great day for the Johnsons.

No comments: