Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Boulder 2016

For our Boulder trip, I will mainly let the pictures tell the stories.

We caravan-ed from AZ to Boulder with my parents, and it was really nice to be able to trade kids!  It reminded me of when I used to ride there with my cousins and grandparents.  On the way, there was a cool piano at a gas station with a sign that said, "play me."  Brynn sounded pretty darn awesome on her Riverboat Jazz piece! 

Softest sand in the world.



We took turns going to the top of the Durfey and then switching to hold Clara.  The Clara job was rough, but someone had to do it.




Serene Clara Jean and the peaceful Boulder surroundings.  Ahhhh.



The view from the top.



Corey met us in Boulder!!!


Always, always, two peas in a pod.

Two more peas in a pod.  These are my brothers' old shirts from Boulder!
Looks like they were last worn here in 1989 haha!
Rod's dog, Lebowski.  But his new best friend calls him, "Bowski."  Man, that was a patient dog.

Here we are being super red-neck and blowin' stuff up on the Fourth of July.  It's what the Founding Fathers would want.








More rock climbing, this time on Grandpa's mountain.






















Boulder, population of 222, has always had the funnest Fourth of July Celebrations!  We missed the parade this year, but made it for the ice cream social and concert.


                                               

This year we said good-bye to the trailer home that has been parked there for a lot of my life.  Lots of memories there, but it really was falling apart.  So it's bittersweet. 

Coolest uncles ever, Rod and Carter.  "There's no rules in Boulder!"





Visiting Grandma and Grandpa in Boulder.  Here is Camille May with Flora May.

And Clara meeting Grandma for the first time.  That one choked me up a little, Grandma loooooved babies.



On the way from Boulder to Lehi, we stopped in Fruita.  It was very hot, especially for a new baby and a nursing mama, but it was a special experience for our family.




Picking apricots.

A super yummy picnic with Boulder leftovers ("Everything tastes better in Boulder." -My mom.)




Peach ice cream!


I love this family.  I am so lucky.


No comments: