Friday, July 18, 2014

phone/summer


Bryce is very into "career" stuff lately.  He wants to be an engineer, pilot, police officer, fire fighter, and seminary teacher, and he is determined to be all of them at the same time.  He asked if we could put an office together for him in his room again.  He spent time making phone calls (real ones, thank you Grandma), writing letters, directing airplanes, playing with cars, checking the time, firing Brynn, and getting upset with me for not knocking on his office door before entering.  Brynn was very into it, and made him lots of cute stuff like computers and ipads.

I went my whole life without pinkeye, and my kids made it quite a few years with no one ever getting it.  But then this spring/summer Bryce got it twice.

Back to school haircut!

Coming home from Utah.  I seriously can't believe how smoothly that 12 hour car trip went each way!


We discovered the scrawny kid who eats nothing actually loves pistachios, of all things.

A pediatrician was cleaning out Gabe's ear, Gabe freaked, and then this happened.  It was still bleeding off and on throughout the evening, so I thought I should take a few pictures here and there.

Brynn:  "It's a picture of you with a baby in your tummy!"  The caption?  "More love is still coming."  Uh....do you know something I don't, Brynn??

A full and heavy cart before I even enter the store.  Oh my.  But we found some super cute clearance shoes for school starting, so it was all worth it!

A beautiful summer morning with just a few light sprinkles.  It was one of those rare summer days where it just didn't seem to be heating up too much.  Camille had lots of space to practice her walking.
We rode bikes and Bryce spent a good chunk of the time creating bike stunts and challenges.  The funniest part was seeing his eyes become wide with panic as he started rolling backwards down a hill and not knowing what to do about it.  You know, somehow I don't think this kid is going to make it though his childhood without a few broken bones in the process.

Millie was either very hungry or low in iron this day considering all the sand she tried to eat.  Changing her diaper throughout the next day or two I realized that she had eaten a lot more sand than I thought!


I had to text this to my cousin Gabby who will be flying out from VA to spend some time with us again this year.  Last year we had so much fun grabbing half price Sonic shakes after the kids went to bed and playing Settlers of Catan.  I saw all these new flavors and got so excited!  I have totally succumb to the salted caramel fad.  And I am totally going to try a chocolate jalapeno shake!

Our last bike ride to preschool.  Sniff.  Bryce looooves to lead (that applies to more than just our bike rides, hence our occasional power struggles).







Taken by a kid one Sunday.  I love it when I get a chance to play some soft, spiritual music on the Sabbath.  My kids seem to as well, judging by how fast they all seem to congregate after I play my first note.


Planes land.  I guess you'd just have to see it to get it.


With a boy this high in energy, it is lucky for both him and me that he has such a playful dad.


All four!

All four!
If I lay down, a kid will join me.  If one kid joins, every kid wants to join.  Fine by me!



Here's to the year Marty became principle, opened a new program,  taught way more students then he ever had before, and all from a primary room while the new seminary is being built!  I think that man of mine is pretty amazing....


I'm sad that the exercise equipment had to take over my lovely, peaceful music room.  But I've had a great year actually using it, so it's all good!






No comments: