Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Grandma Georgia

Marty's mom passed away when he was twelve.  I'm unable to wrap my brain around the fact that this man that I have shared my life with for the last 9 years...I don't know his own mother.  I feel like I know her, but...well, someday.

We usually try to stop by the Springville Cemetery every summer.  Marty has a special relationship with my mom, and he had been wanting to share this with her for a while, so she got to come see it for the first time.



Marty used to spend a lot of time up in this tree.  It breaks my heart to think about it, especially hearing about what a Momma's boy he was.  But he is just such a darn steady, well-adjusted guy.  I suppose I have his incredible mom and his testimony of the Plan of Salvation to thank for that.  And his Dad.  I'm telling you, that man is a Saint.  I can't think of anyone I personally know who has done more to secure a place for himself in Heaven.


There are quite a few Johnson headstones here.

















No comments: