Friday, July 18, 2014

Johnson side, UT 2014



While we were in UT, these sweet twin cousins, Landon and Carter, were baptized!  We love them so much, are so proud of the good boys they are, and we are so glad we were able to be with them on their special day!!

Later that day, we had a party!  One of Christy's friends had an old billboard that she borrowed to make the most amazing slip and slide I've been on!



This little girl.  We are so alike.  I remember going to, I think it was Raging Waters,  when I was little.  I went down the waterslides over and over and over, flying out of the pool, running up the stairs, taking no breaks whatsoever.  I remember seeing my brothers hanging out in pool chairs for a while and thinking they were totally crazy for ever stopping.  The next day I felt like I'd been hit by a bus and my mom acted like it was no surprise, considering the way I had pushed the day before.  Anyway, that was totally Brynn.  She went up and down, again and again, never stopping, never wearing out, wouldn't dream of taking a break.  For hours, literally.



Bryce had tons of fun and liked to find new ways to go down.  He loved racing best of all.

I don't even have a picture of Gabe!  (Well, I have one, but I couldn't post it due to a wardrobe malfunction!)  He was Gabe.  Spent some time checking it out and warming up to the idea.  When he was ready, he went down a bunch of times.  Usually he had to put his britches back on at the bottom (he is soooo skinny!).  At one time, I pushed him too hard and took him down with me faster and crazier than he wanted and it took him a while to forgive me.  Eventually he decided he had had enough and would like to watch, now.  













Yep, even Camille went down!  While she was actually sliding she was pretty...focused?  But at the bottom she would squeal in delight and every time we got back to the top and would set her back down she would toddle strait back to the beginning for another turn.
The older kids loved to take her.  She's actually pretty adventurous!  However, she wasn't too sure about being, ahem, propelled down on her own like a bowling ball.  (Oh, she was fine.)




Oh, yes I did.



Marty spends most of his life in a suit.  Seriously.   On our long vacations he tends to let his facial hair grow out, just because he can.  I asked him to pretty please shave it into a goatee for a day.  Back before Marty and I were even dating, but I had taken {very} special notice of him, he showed up to choir one day with a goatee.  I guess he and Greg both grew them in honor of Kelly for his wedding.  I remember thinking, "Hm, that look does not fit his personality."  Looks-wise; great.  But something about it doesn't suit him.  Still fun for a day, though!

Extra points for making it to the fence!



Marty won.


The raft:

Other things we did with the Johnsons:

  • Met up in the AF Canyon for a lunch
  • Watched the most incredible fireworks display from Greg's awesome deck
  • Saw our beautiful new niece, Macie, blessed.
  • Had a sushi and game night while the kids had a pizza party downstairs
  • Had lots of late night talks
  • Laughed and laughed and laughed until it hurt.  And then, more laughing.
  • Grandma Johnson heard about Brynn wanting to learn how to sew so she could fulfill her life's dream of being a fashion designer, so she sewed patriotic pillowcases with the kids.  I couldn't believe how patient she was with Brynn, and how much she really let Brynn do on her own!  Poor Brynn has me for a mom, and to me sewing is akin to, hm...banging my head against a wall.  But I'll be a great piano teacher to you, Brynn!  ;)
We had a really great summer trip to UT this year.  Everything just went so smoothly.  However, as usual I got just a few hours of sleep each night (Camille didn't do well when she slept in our room).  The kids went to bed at 11 or 12 instead of 7.  We ate horribly. So I suppose it's no surprise that we all came home passing an illness around.  As usual, ugh.  Tonight I am feeling pretty lousy and Marty is out of town with the young men.  Perfect circumstances tearing through blog posts, eh?  Onward....



No comments: