Monday, September 9, 2013

Interruption

I'm having a hard time wrapping up all that I want to about Camille on my blog (downloading issues), but I'm going to write about today and go back to baby stuff when I can.

Today is a good day.  Even though our van is out of commission, I have the kindest friends offering to help drive kids around since we no longer fit in the second car.  And that car only Marty can start (touchy thing).  This morning I have so much to do, the whole upstairs is kind of a wreck.  But for some reason, I am not frazzled by it like I normally would be, and have managed to just hang out on the floor with my youngest three.  I pulled the Toy Story toys out of rotation this morning and Gabe has discovered his new favorite toy.  A little Woody that sits on Bulls-eye.  He keeps putting his hat on and off and proudly showing me.  Then he moves the toy next to Camille's hand, lets her touch it, and then yanks it away and says "mine!" with a big smile on his face and laughs it up. Right now Camille is laying on a blanket on the floor and she has a brother on each side snuggling up to her.   Now Gabe is giving Camille knuckles and exploding it with a ridiculous sound effect.

The biggest reason I'm in a good mood is probably due to the weather.  It has been rainy for two days.  I never knew how happy rain would make me until I "...moved to a magical land where it never rained.  The end."  I used to get really fussy here in the fall feeling homesick over what was my favorite season when we lived in Utah.  I love the bright colors on the mountains, sweaters, hot chocolate, squash and pumpkin everything, etc, etc.  Maybe my favorite part of the weather in Utah was change.  Even though I HATE the winter there, I still like the change and the first snow is always the most beautiful thing, especially in the mountains.  Every snow after that, I hate. :)  My birthday in April was usually one of the first days I could get away with leaving early in the morning without a jacket and I was always in the BEST mood.  But as much as I loved the change of the seasons there, I don't think I could ever leave the Arizona weather.  Did I mention how much I HATE the snow (especially driving in it)?

Anyway, I feel like even though the rainy day is making me really happy today because it's reminding me of fall (a real Utah fall), I'm not going to be fussy if it's back to 110 degrees tomorrow.  I'm kind of over that.  We still have changes here in Arizona, but they just aren't really drastic ones like I grew up with.  I'm really happy to go from hot to less hot to chilly to kind of cold to chilly to warm to hot again.  And today I'm just happy to have a little change that, for some reason, is making me pause long enough to look around and remember how good I actually have it, even if my upstairs is really, really messy.

No comments: