Thursday, September 12, 2013

Camille's first week part 2

Brynn is a funny sister.  She likes to hold Camille many times a day for about 30 seconds and then she's ready to run off and play.  But if I look her in the eye and tell her I need help from a "super-sister" then she is ready to go.  She will stay with the baby for any amount of time I need and sing funny made-up lullabies in a Mary Poppins voice...and it usually WORKS!!






So, there is a slight chance I may have neglected my other children at times while I was loving on a newborn.  Marty and I were flirting with Camille when we suddenly realized all the laughing we were hearing from the kids outside was that laugh - the one you know means trouble!  B&B had caked this little guy head to foot in mud.  I did NOT think it was as funny as they did.  That night they not only got the pleasure of scrubbing their brother clean, but they also got to scrub the bathroom (which was now muddy) and do that load of laundry.  But I suppose just this picture is kind of funny now that it's all over with....

One day I begged Marty to take the kids somewhere fun so I could have some peace and quiet.  I had predicted it would be hard to have a baby just as it heats up and the kids are cooped up inside.  I was right. I thought it would be nice to have the baby as Brynn was getting out of school so I would't have to worry about driving her to class and dance and everything else that comes up during the school year.  But the challenge with that was keeping the kids from killing each other when they were ALL home together ALL the time.  But we made it through the first two months and then took off to Utah, which was really nice.   Anyway, Marty would up at the dollar theater and play place at the mall.  He even splurged on one of those dinosaurs you can ride around the mall.  He was sending me videos and pictures while they were doing it and it was so cute.


Brynn is such a ham.  Where could she have gotten that? :)

No comments: