Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Buddy's b-day

I'm going to lay aside my feeling of PTSD over this day (the worst of my pregnancy!) and talk about all of the fun stuff. :)  This was Thursday, the day before Bryce's fourth birthday, and two days before I had Camille.  We picked up my mom from the airport and took her strait to Chuck-E-Cheese - lucky lady!  We brought Bryce's little best friend and possible future spouse, Taylor.  We also met up with their cute little Mather cousins there.



Bryce and Taylor were SO cute together at the air-hockey game all night!
Colton gave him a Jake toy - the highlight of his life. :)  And I sat at the tables most of the night counting contractions. :)


The next day, Friday, was his actual birthday.  While I think he had a lot of fun and didn't notice anything wrong, I felt kind of bad because so much of the day was spent getting ready to have a baby.  My mom literally spent like four hours at Walmart because I had become Mrs. Hubbard (couldn't stand long enough to walk through Walmart's parking lot, let alone push a cart up and down the aisles).  Then there was the matter of cleaning out the fridge and pantry and all the kitchen stuff I just hadn't been able to do.  So we worked on that a good chunk of the day, also.  While we did that, Bryce played with his new intricate pirate ship from Grandma and seemed happy as could be. When Marty came home, I asked him to take Bryce out on a date while we finished up.  So he got to be the birthday boy at Burger King.


When he got home, we had cake and ice cream and opened presents.




After that little party, I went upstairs to bed and didn't leave it until my water broke a day and a half later. :)  And Marty took his little princess to the cowboy Daddy-daughter dance.




No comments: