Thursday, March 14, 2013

Utah, December 2012

I seriously can't believe how disgraceful I've been using my camera since I've been pregnant.  Not sure exactly what the pregnancy had to do with it, but I can trace my picture-taking absence to then.  These are all from my mom's camera, so all I have are Oldham pics.  Next time, I vow to do better and get some with the Johnson's, too. :)

Grandma snuggles.

Brynn discovered a new favorite toy - an ipad.  The other day we saw one for sale in a store and she said, "Oh, an ipad!  Can I have it?"  Yeah, right!
Snow play!  Being the good adventurous mom that I am I stepped out the door for a minute to snap the pictures and went back inside.  This is probably about the coldest I've ever been in Utah.  At first, I thought I was just being wimpy after acclimating to AZ, but then when I actually started checking temperatures I realized it wasn't just me.  Most days it was only getting up to just a couple of degrees.



I was surprised by what a good sport Buddy was.  He's a very particular and persnickety boy who really likes to be comfortable.  He's only played in the snow a few times in his life, but during most of those times he has started whining and crying after just a few minutes. 
Gabe had two favorite things at G&G's house:  crawling up and down the stairs (not sure why, there are stairs at our house, too)
and Grandpa's guitars!  Loves, loves, loves music.

A couple months before this, he also realized how much he loves books.  He'll sit for as long as I'll read.  With Bryce, I couldn't get him to sit still long enough for a book.  He'd get mad and squirm and throw the book - he was just too busy.  But Gabe does quite a bit of sign language and his sign for book is way too adorable to resist.  He's always sucking me in for a book.

Here's Corey being a good uncle and playing along.  They put on a circus for us!


At Great Grandma Oldham's house.  Here's the whole family!  A small clan, but a lot of love!
I let the little guy's hair grow out again.  I would have cut it earlier, but I really wanted my mom to be able to see how curly it's gotten in the back.  Secretly, I'm hoping this baby girl coming will have the exact same  hair just so I can see what it does if I never have to cut it.
Brynn asked for the camera and came back with this picture on it.  I asked why and she talked about how it used to be Great Grandpa's chair and started asking questions about if it's where he died.  It was sad, but I'm glad she remembers him, and I'm glad she's sensitive to his absence.  She misses him.  So do I.
Auntie Helen.

Snuggling with Great Grandma.  I thought being there at nap time would be a problem, but mostly I think it just made him even more snuggly than usual (is that possible?).

No comments: