Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Christmas Eve

Here are the pictures from our traditional nativity scene.  

Angel Brynn (appropriate) and Joseph Bryce.

And here I am for my fourth year making a great Marty (either about to have a baby, or just having had one).
Daddy as a shepherd.
And the cutest little Wise Man I ever did see.

Riding into Bethlehem on donkey Eeyore.

Ok, so part of the reason my blogging is so behind and just plain bad is because we are transitioning two new computers.  We got our new home computer for Christmas and I've been a total dunce with it, and Marty got a new work laptop which has had 6 months of gigantic issues.  They finally just quit trying to fix it and got him a new one.  Anyway, between us loading pictures to four different computers at various times, I have completely lost my Christmas morning pictures.  If I find them later, maybe I'll post them.  If not, c'est la  vie.  I will say that we really had a wonderful Christmas at our house this year.  It's the first year that it's ever just been our little family at home.  We've either been in UT (which we love) or had Utahns visiting us (which we love) but it was nice to have it to ourselves for a year.  It was quiet and laid back.  The kids played with their new toys.  I used my foot massager from Marty.  We skyped with family.  We had a yummy ham dinner with pumpkin-pecan pie and didn't leave for UT until two or three days later, so Christmas wasn't spent in a frenzied, cleaning, laundry-doing, packing rush.  We had also felt the pay-off of trying to be a little more Christ-centered this December and Christmas eve and Christmas day had such a nice, spiritual feeling to them.  I really love having a family.  Really, really love it.  I love being a mom and steering my family in the direction I want it to go.  

No comments: