Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Christmas parade

Brynn absolutely loves parades.  What little kid doesn't?  She's asked me before if I thought she could ever be in a parade, and the opportunity came up!  Here in Queen Creek it's completely impossible to have summer parades (in 118 degrees?  no, thank you).  So we have a Christmas parade every year the first weekend of December and it's been such a fun tradition to go to it.  Brynn's dance company had a float in the parade with a cute little Grinch theme.  So Brynn got to wear her pajamas...



and get a very silly hairdo!  Yes, there is a cup somewhere in that mess.


I was a little surprised by Brynn.  Normally, she has no fear, performing comes naturally, and so does making friends.  But when I was ready to leave her at her float and find the boys, she had a little panic attack and clung to me.  It turns out she was afraid of the Grinch.  I asked a couple of the older girls to watch out for her and I guess they became besties.  It was a hard parent moment though - it was so hard to leave her there knowing she was nervous and upset!
As usual, here's Bryce letting Gabe torture him because it's worth the Gabe's giggles.  He is such a sweet older brother.
And here she comes!
Now she is begging me to let her join 4H so she can ride a horse in the parade next year.  I told her I'm not sure that's exactly how it works...

No comments: