Tuesday, April 3, 2012

There she is!  My first little t-ball player!  This is her "stance" Daddy taught her.


"One.........two.........FREE!!!"

 Yes Brynn, we saw you make it to third base....
 A high five from her coach as she skips onto home plate.  We absolutely LOVED her coach, he treated her so cute and was so patient with all the kids.  Sometimes after he'd called her name 3 or 4 times, he'd just pick her up and move her where she was supposed to be for the sake of efficiency.  :)  Bless her heart, she really did try not to space out.

Awe, poor flushed cheeks.  This was her first game that was HOT.  What was I thinking signing them up for soccer next month?  It is going to be blistering!!

 Good stop, Brynn.  (I made most of these pictures small because I always feel weird about posting other people's children.)
 "What foot do I step with?  This one?  No?  THIS one?"
"Just THROW THE BALL, sweet angelic Brynn!!"

 So I think I mentioned this earlier on a post.  Sports...well, not even just sports, physical activity in general has been on my mind a lot.  I don't feel like I should have to beg my kids to go play outside.  Shouldn't kids just want to go play outside?  That was a lot of our reasoning for getting the new playset, and it's made all the difference in the world.  I guess a patch of grass just isn't exciting enough for them or something.  But anyway, Brynn so far hasn't shown a lot of athletic interest.  She's never been the fastest runner.  In fact, when I see her play tag with kids at the park and she can't keep up, she usually just loses interest and starts collecting flowers or something.  I just don't seem to see her exerting herself often.  So we signed her up for soccer.  Now this girl is a total social butterfly, she totally thrives on being with friends, family, strangers who quickly become friends...she just loves people in general.  So we thought she'd be thrilled when we told her she was going to start playing soccer on a team, but instead she started CRYING!  We asked her why she was crying and she said she didn't want to play soccer because all her friends were faster than her and she couldn't run.  Yes, HEART-breaking!  We did what we could to comfort her and decided to sign her up for t-ball first to get her feet wet.  Since then, we've been "practicing running" a lot.  I think the biggest thing is that she is seriously pigeon-toed on one foot - the one she broke a couple years ago.  I asked the doctor about that a year or so ago, but he said she'd grow out of it.  I think I'll ask again, another doctor this time, and see if I get the same answer. 

Anyway, I didn't seem to really see the anxiety come back while she was doing t-ball.  She was social as always with the team, tried really hard to improve and listen to her coach, and seemed to be pretty confident and happy.  She got a really cute trophy and I think she's excited for soccer now.  We'll see how that goes.  I'm trying to be a better example and to take the kids out on their bikes and things like that more often.  I'm thinking back on that awful pregnancy where every step was super painful, and right before that all those serious problems I had with my feet, she probably hasn't seen me do enough walking or running.  Before the feet "broke," I did take her with me often to go jogging, and we walked to more places that we could have been driving to.  Well, the last couple months I've been doing more of that stuff again, plus I'm getting a pretty nice bike for my birthday in a couple weeks and I hope things get back to normal. 

The real fun is going to be watching my...assertive almost three-year old playing soccer....

No comments: