Monday, April 16, 2012

Happy birth..BLARGH

Three sets of candles to celebrate three birthdays - my Dad's on the 5th, Bryce's on the 26th, and mine last Friday.  My parents were in town and it was so nice to have them here on my birthday!  I asked Marty to make pineapple upside down cake in the dutch oven and, as always, it was sooooo good.  He actually made this the night before my birthday, because he and I were planning on a marathon date, which is something we never get to do on our birthdays because it is just too spendy to employ a baby-sitter for very long (plus we always feel bad keeping them out late).  

So we went to bed Thursday and at about midnight Bryce came in our bed saying his tummy hurt.  We gave him a kiss and sent him back multiple times (he's kind of the boy who cried wolf at night).  But then a little while later the inevitable happened and he puked all over himself and his bed.  Long story short, he threw up off and on from about 12:30 until 4 a.m.  Around 2:00 I sent Marty to a couch, knowing he was going to have to be up early to teach a zero hour seminary class.  Happy birthday, Mommy. 

So the next day, my birthday, I had a scripture going through my mind a lot.  It's one Marty showed me after a particularly long night with a newborn Gabe.  In Proverbs 31:10 there is the commonly heard verse, "Who can find a virtuous woman?  For her price is far beyond rubies."  And I usually stopped there. But if you continue, there are lots of really neat phrases that describe women.  So the phrases that kept coming to my mind were,

"She riseth also while it is yet night..." (31:15)
and
"Her candle goeth not out by night..." (31:18)

So, no, I didn't get my marathon date, just a quickie out to dinner and to pick up my present.  But at least I could feel that my "price was far above rubies."  That was nice, too.

I'm grateful I married someone who values motherhood and helps me to find the worth in the...humblest of circumstances. :)

No comments: