Monday, April 9, 2012

Happy Easter 2012

This year before Easter, we wrote a letter to the Easter Bunny asking him to come on Saturday instead of Sunday, so that we could focus on the real reason for Easter.  Brynn was NOT into that idea.  Sweet girl that she is, rather than fight with me about it, she wrote a song about the Easter Bunny "hop hop hopping to houses on Sunday and NOT Saturday...." (and so on and so forth).  Then I was kind of bummed because Sunday ended up being so busy and crazy I felt like I hadn't really made a difference for the kids anyway.  But then Brynn showed me this picture she drew and I felt a little better. :)
(Jesus on the cross)


So theses are from Saturday morning.  I'm glad Bryce wasn't disappointed when he opened up an egg full of grapes after  Brynn opened one full of Peeps.  Probably because Peeps are really gross.


Sunday afternoon we had the other teachers at Marty's seminary over for dinner.  We displaced-no-family-in-AZ-Utahns have to stick together. :)

An awesome dinner, an egg rolling contest (that Bryce won!), good friends, not to mention the choir music I was worried about directing went amazing!...it was a nice holiday. :)

No comments: