Thursday, April 12, 2012

Here's something I'm working on...

See that sweet little boy riding his bike all the way down the sidewalk?
 The picture is a little shaky because the photographer is trying to hold back a full-blown panic attack.

I'm one of those moms.  I don't like my kids to be more than 5 feet away from me.  Bryce is a good little boy.  He's smart.  He's not going to dart out into the road, I've trained him.  No one is going to come snatch him right in front of me.  He can't get going fast enough to break a limb if he tips over.  I'm not sure what I'm worried about.  I just like to have a hold of each of my kids hands whenever we are anywhere (and sometimes at home).  Alas, I now have three kids and only two hands.  At some point I'm going to have to let go of the control and trust them a little.  And they deserve it.  They are good kids who have earned my trust.  I want them to be independent.  So watching from my driveway to see if Bryce was going to turn around at the end of the sidewalk and come back (like he was taught previous bike riding trips when I was two steps behind him) was a small victory for me.  I'm working on it. 


And by the way, he did.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

You are such a good mom!! I want to be like you!!!