Sunday, April 22, 2012

3 crucial errors of girls night



 Marty went on a father-son camp out this weekend. Brynnie-Pie and I look forward to this thing all. year. long. We do something seriously girly and every other sentence out of her mouth is a sing-songy "Girl's day! Fablious!" Of course I loved it and we had so much fun. But here were my big mistakes:



1. First of all, we made muddy buddies together again, just like last year. My big mistake was to make those at 1:00 in the afternoon. Brynn is a girl who can not, repeat, CAN NOT hold her sugar. It's the strangest phenomenon. My quiet, calm girl who could spend the whole day sitting at her little red table creating starts acting like a human pin ball machine bouncing off the chairs, tables, walls, knocking everything over, and speaking non-stop at hyper speed. And seriously, the non-stop chatter is just bizarre. I should have given her the muddy buddies at bedtime and let her bounce around her room where nothing (read: Gabe) is breakable. Instead, I got to watch her burn off her sugar high at the movie theater.


2. Error number two: When I took her to see Beauty and the Beast in 3D at the dollar theater, I didn't take her to the potty first. So just a few minutes into the movie her crazy rocking back and forth was not only a result of the sugar, but also having to go potty. Of course, after the movie started she was totally into it and absolutely refused to take a potty break. I swear I just about had a nervous breakdown. (Ok, but parts were ADORABLE, like how almost every single song was, "GASP! This is my FAVORITE part!")


3. The only other thing was that I feel like I over scheduled it. I asked her what she wanted to do, and planned ALL of it plus a few different things that I wanted to do together. Because of that, we didn't do much of what we do best together, which is just coloring princess pages together and shooting the breeze and expressing our love for each other. :) It was kind of a rush from one thing to the next feeling.

But it was still wonderful to be able to focus on her. She LOVES attention, but just doesn't demand it the way Brycer does.

Here are a few pictures of a tea party (of course). Just like last year, she got to pick any 3 things she wanted out of her tea party book and we made them together.







I have to say, I sure was relieved to see those 2 boys walk through the door together. I do not like being here without Marty and as soon as Bryce walked in and batted his long eyelashes over his big blue eyes I realized how much I couldn't WAIT for a Bryce "nuggle."


Although...now I can hear them downstairs fighting with each other. That is something I did NOT miss. Maybe it's time for a daddy daughter weekend...? :)

2 comments:

Torey said...

You no doubt made her day! She's adorable!

Melinda said...

What a fun tradition for the two of you! I love that you cook together and have a tea party...adorable!