Sunday, May 6, 2012

Spring picnics

I love love love picnics.  I always have paper plates, napkins, juice boxes, etc. already packed in the picnic basket so I can just grab it, toss in a loaf of bread and some pb and j and carrot sticks and head out.
When it's cool enough, we steal a quick few minutes on Daddy's lunch break at a park next to his seminary building.  Last week, it was just too hot (already - ack!!) so I brought the soccer ball and cones and we headed in to the gym.  Usually we stop by on the way back from the library which is pretty close.  I'm really going to miss Tuesdays and Thursdays next year when Brynn is in kindergarten.  I love having a couple days with no set commitments.  We can just up and go somewhere fun, or stay home all day and play.  I'm going to try to get the most out of them this summer before the dreaded school year begins.

Oh, those eyes....



We just left Bryce home and wished him luck.  Ha ha, just kidding.  He couldn't be bothered to take two seconds out from his play at the park for a picture.  Or for a bite of food.
This isn't always the case, but right now I love having a blog.  Some days I want to bang my head against a wall and I wonder what in the world I am doing as a mom.  But as I sit here and look (or stare, rather) at these pictures I am COMPLETELY overwhelmed with gratitude that this is my life.  I will now commence pinching myself...

No comments: