Monday, May 23, 2011

Happy Festivation, Marty!



Hallelujah! Marty is DONE with school! FOREVER!!!! His parents came out for his graduation and we had a blast! It's really easy to be in a partying mood when something so huge is out of the way. Oh, and we've been calling it his "festivation" because when he came home from work on his graduation day, I told Brynn to run out to his car to tell him "congratulations on graduating." I guess it was just too many syllables for the poor girl because it sounded more like, "Congratulations on...festivating, Daddy....(whispered) wait, what is it?"


Brynnie and I decorated. And by the way, the photo below is not the last you will see of Brynn's new pose. That's a sad post in and of itself.




Graduation night:



Our thoughts: "We did it!!!!!!!" (OH yes, I get to say we. I made some sacrifices too, and Marty gets to say we had a baby. Just...let me have that).




Just pretend you can see a really sharp-looking rock star giving his little graduation speech. They let all the graduates do that. There weren't many since it was the distance ed ceremony. He was the last one and thanked all his 14 brothers and sisters individually. Just kidding.

I am so stinking proud of my husband. He graduated with his Masters degree in under two years with honors. He's unassuming, but freak-show smart and I had to hate him just a little for how easy he made everything look. Truly, it wasn't that bad. I'd be fine with him going back for a PhD (after I forget this last horrible semester), but he will have none of that. He started just a few weeks after Bryce was born, so to be a single mom to that sweet-but-acid-reflux-high-maintenance-constantly-screaming-baby stands out in my mind. This last semester he just had too many classes. But other than that, I didn't mind it. I don't think he did, either.


Marty also has this amazing ability to visualize a goal, figure out and decide exactly the precise steps to be taken to reach that goal, and then just hurry and get it done. He was the same way with his under-grad. Got it in just three years because he knew where he was going and had almost no extra credits and just DID it. Love that guy. Proud of that guy. Hands off, he's mine.

2 comments:

Melinda said...

Congrats...to both of you!!

Jana said...

Oh my GOSH, congrats! So exciting. Festivation is a word that should have been invented long ago. Hooray for no more school (and a bigger paycheck, nudge nudge)!!