Monday, May 23, 2011

The Brycer-Boo turns the terrible TWO

(Ok, but because mommy guilt is so strong - of course it's not terrible! Two is actually tons of fun! Tantrums and all...)

Let's see, as soon as we could hear he was awake, we went into his room singing the birthday song (a small tradition). Apparently he wasn't awake enough yet because he just glared at us from his crib the whole time. I've never felt so self-conscious trying to do something cute for my kids! :)


Then we came downstairs and opened presents before Marty had to go to work.


A new train,

airplane,


and sticker book.










While Brynn was at preschool I took him on a date to Burger King. He was soooooooo adorable there. Saying hi and thank you to everyone, so excited, and as we were going to pick a table, he said, "No, wash hands first." And headed off to find the restroom. That was a good mommy moment.




He also carried a car in one hand and his new Thomas' Birthday book (from G&G) in the other. He'd barely let go of either one to take a bite. I had a realization there that I maybe shouldn't record, but here we go. Lately I've been saying a lot of, "Oh, I just can't take Bryce anywhere," or "I want to go do fun things with the kids, but chasing Bryce around the whole time takes the fun out of it," but I'm sure the worst is, "I don't remember Brynn being like this when she was two, I took her everywhere." Bad mom award, I know. Anyway, I need to have more dates with this kid. He was totally enjoyable the whole time. He wasn't difficult, or if he was at all, I could just give him my full attention and fix whatever it was. He's the same age now as Brynn was when I was pregnant with him and started taking her out for Friday treat days. His birthday really reminded me of those times, that's what it felt like. Me and my sweetheart just having an enjoyable day out. So I think the problem is with me and just getting more stressed out with two than with one, and just expecting him to be perfect by saying something really unhelpful like, "Stop that," etc. I know, I'm long-winded. What is this post even about, anyway? Oh yeah - the fun birthday!!!.....

We also went to the park to practice with the new t-ball set. It was a little rough at first...


But he got better....and better!



Brynn was pretty good, too!




That afternoon we went to Chuck-E-Cheese's!!! (I know, Burger King and Chuck-E-Cheese all in one day, gross). But it was so much fun. I think I just wanted to celebrate the heck out of my little buddy.This was his favorite ride....



This one terrified them both, they couldn't wait to get out....



Probably his favorite thing was getting to put the coins in the machine.



Marty won a bazillion tickets out of the game where you have to hit it when the certain light lights up...ya know? He has lightning-fast reflexes.


Happy birthday, Buddy! I love you!!!!!!!


No comments: