Monday, May 23, 2011

Easter 2011 (old, I know)

Yes, I am attempting to post all of Spring today. Starting with Easter, which happened so long ago, I can't even think of any good details to go with the pictures. Which is why I need to journal and blog more.


It was a nice day, though. Leading up to it, we sang a lot of Easter songs, did our spiritual Easter egg FHE (see last March), talked a lot about the Resurrection and Grandma Georgia, who will get a new body (we tried to keep that simple) and had some really sweet moments with the kids where I think Brynn really got it. No pictures for that stuff, I guess.


On the Easter bunny side of things, we also had a fun neighborhood Easter Egg hunt, where I trained Brynn in advance because she was so left in the dust last year chasing butterflies in between picking up an egg or two. Bryce didn't need any training. He's already plenty competitive, likes to keep up, and LIVES for candy. A winning combination at an Easter egg hunt.


Of course it was TONS of fun to see the kids follow the trail of Easter eggs to their baskets Easter morning. But I was a little disappointed with some of our Easter Sunday. The kids were going crazy on their sugar highs, I was trying to finish preparing my lesson and get everybody ready and looking pretty and Easter-y (why is that necessary?) and I didn't really get to feel the nice spirit of that special day. So I think next year we will write the Easter Bunny a letter to see if he'd be willing to visit our house on Saturday instead.


Anyway....



Along with their eggs, the Bryce got sunglasses, Brynn got new panties,

and they got Mickey and Minnie flip-flops that they were pretty excited about.




Ready for church! That's Bryce's first time wearing a tie, by the way. There was something special for me about putting on a little tie for the first time as a mommy. It won't be the last!!


That night we ate a fancy Easter dinner with some friends. It was a great night!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Brynn's hair is so light in these pictures!

Jana said...

What's going on with Brynn's practically blonde hair? It totally throws me off, especially with it being so straight! (She's gorgeous, of course, and looks more like you with it straight!)