Monday, May 23, 2011

GnG Johnson in May



As I mentioned, Marty's Dad and Step-Mom came out for his graduation and I am so glad they did. It was only a couple of days, but we used it well!


We went to Schnepf Farms and picked peaches (which we GOBBLED all day long and then made peach ice cream that night), then went on the train ride.





And had a fun tea party.




And for the first time we went to the children's museum in Mesa. They have ALL kinds of art projects there (Brynn's dream world). Here she is drawing on the walls.


And the finished product:

Bryce and Daddy enjoyed the baseball exhibit.



A cool technological music demo...thingy. You put your hands through the red lasers and as you do each puts out a different sound like drums, guitar, voice, strings. So the more people you get, the more cool stuff you can add to your synthetic band. Easy enough for even a toddler.


We spent the most time at the Fairy Tale exhibit. It was SO CUTE!!! You went from one station to the next trying on fairy tale costumes on that specific story's background. So here is Alice in Wonderland:


A cool black light room




Little Red Riding Hood.


This one was hilarious. Here I am minding my own business admiring my cute four year old when she starts FREAKING OUT. She runs at me screaming, "Nooooo!!!" Then she proceeds to climb me before I've even had a chance to react. She shimmies up my legs (pulling my pants down in the process, I might add) and latches on to me so tightly all the while still screaming "no." So I look behind me and there is Marty in a wolf costume. I keep telling people that Brynn thinks all these characters and totally real. If you had been there, you would have gotten it.

Here she is, still not really having warmed up to the idea of her Daddy in a wolf mask. Even after we explained all about it, she is still seeking shelter in Grandma.



The princess corner. Actually not her favorite. It was the one part of the museum I think she felt, "Been there, done that." But Bryce had fun as a king.



The three little pigs. And that mean old wolf again.


Fairy land



It really was geared more to little girls, but Bryce had lots of fun riding horsies with Grandma!

Puppet shows

Yes, that's much easier to reach.








They advertise this place as a grandparent's dream. I think that's accurate. :)



No comments: