Thursday, May 24, 2012

From yesterday...

Today I got cortisone shots in my feet again.  I think this is round four?  But it's been about a year, so that's good news.  I went in yesterday, got a baby-sitter, Marty rushed home from work, got to the clinic and found out it had MOVED locations.   After driving all over town looking for it, we got to his new clinic too late and missed the doc.  So, the next day, Marty had to leave work at 11:00 (thank goodness it was only a half day), we had to drive out to Gilbert, and I had to get ANOTHER baby-sitter, which is a big deal for me because I can't just run the kids to Grandma's.  Although, actually, it wasn't a big deal.  Both my friends were so supportive and happy to take them.  Sigh.  I love love love my friends.  It's so important for us young mommies to have a support system.  Thanks ladies, you know who you are. :) ANYWAY, in the words of Shrek, it was "A-gonizingly PAINful!"  Even with a mountain of chocolate ice cream to accompany me home, I was so completely frustrated with the fact that I always seem to be ailing some how.  Then we got to Rittenhouse.  It was a parking lot.  More emergency vehicles than I could count, ambulences coming and going, and even a life-flight helicopter.  I felt ashamed thinking that gimpy feet were a big deal.  I tried to stop thinking about what I haven't accomplished in the last few days, and realized the tender mercies I'm given when I'm off my feet and no longer go go go going.  I've snuggled the daylights out of all of my children, Brynnie and I snuck some chocolate chips and read our first Magic Treehouse Book together, my kids were blessed (although that's probably not the word they would use) to have to take on more responisbilites and chores around the house, as well as learning to be more independent.  And working together to do so.  Angel-girl has been bringing me cups of water and asking if she can MOP for me and what else she can do for me (among many other things - that girl is unique), Buddy has been the first one to Sweet Baby Gabe whenever he fusses, trying to make him laugh and singing lullabies to him.  So I guess it isn't that bad, is it?  Plus I can't wait to wear my new cute accessory while I sleep!  What, doesn't everyone where big boots to bed? :)

Oh, also, Brynn and I watched Little Women together for the first time!  She loved it!  She drew and put together a coloring book for me and tied it with string and a flower.  I recognized she got that from the movie the second I saw it. :)

No comments: