Thursday, August 23, 2012

 Yes, here in San Tan Valley we were issued a warning to stop using the water due to a couple positive e coli tests.  Of course we found out about it from the school districts as Johnson Utilities remained pretty much mum on the subject.  But I digress...

Here is the stash.  It was a wake up call knowing that "some" water in our food storage wasn't going to be enough.  Luckily, we found out the day before JU was going to officially announce it, so late Tuesday night Marty was one of the ones cleaning out Fry's shelves.  The water ban only lasted a couple of days, so we definitely got more than we needed, but it will go just fine under the bed (I'll sleep better with it right beneath me!).


Brynn wrote her name on her water bottle.  I told Bryce I'd draw whatever picture he wanted on his, but he wanted his name on it, too.  "Bryce Ow-llan Johnson."  "Uh, no Honey, that's kind of long, I'll just write Bryce..."  "No!  My name is Bryce Ow-llan Johnson."




It's true, I could boil pots of water to wash my dishes...or I could buy paper/plastic, too.  Let's be honest, I've been sick on and off for two weeks, and with the three crazy kiddos...I'll gladly take this excuse to use these bad boys.


We soon found out we needed physical reminders.  Marty was teasing me for forgetting to brush my teeth with clean water.  He told me "I brought MY water bottle up," WHILE running his toothbrush under the faucet!  Ha!  

I had all these "clean" dishes in the dishwasher and didn't know if I could put them away or what.  It was really just a bunch of small annoyances and worries coming on a day that my worry bucket was already full to the brim (more on that later).

Well, if a shirtless, smiling baby is in the kitchen at the same time my camera is out...
Of course he's all smiles - he's just been fed, and now he gets a delicious dessert of thumb!

We were issued the warning Tuesday night and it's already been lifted this afternoon (Thursday).  That's what the hub-bub has been all about.  And tomorrow morning I will give Brynn a bath without the constant commentary:  "OH Mommy, that splash was ALMOST by my eye.  It's OK, I love you so much Mommy, but you gotta be careful...Oh...OH!  You got water in my EAR Mommy, and it's POISONED!  Now just remember Mommy, this is the poisonous water..."  She remains pretty spacy in our normal day-to-day conversation, but as soon as a very dramatic word, like poison, enters the conversation, then she is all ears.  Funny girl.

No comments: