Saturday, April 4, 2009

Update time

Time for a boring update, no pictures or anything. :) The Johnson family is alive and well. Marty's school gets out in May, so things are winding down a little there. But then he starts his Masters program in June. I have mixed feelings about it. I am SO proud of him and excited for him! I am also insanely jealous that he'll have a Masters degree and I won't, on top of which I am going to become a widow for the next 2 years! But I know it will be great for him to have it done. He is doing distance education through NAU (Northern Arizona University) and he is getting an educational psychology degree, which I think is SO COOL since I got my degree in psychology.

Here's the potty training update on Brynn. I really do feel like it is going well. It's hard for me to say, because this is my first kid and first potty training experience, so I have no idea what to compare it to. Here on day 15, she's still only woken up wet a couple times. And it's funny, she'll go for over 4 days without a single accident, and then we'll have days like yesterday morning when she just kinda gave up and had three. The pooping has been an issue, too. She won't go on her own yet, we have to wait until we hear her start to grunt and then run her to the potty. But we don't really worry about taking her out in public anymore or anything, she's pretty trustworthy. The other small issue has been this: Brynn has always been a little bit attached to me, but after spending every second of three days together (I mean, I didn't even take my eyes off of her and she was probably sitting on my lap more than she wasn't), she has become WAY more attached. Every time I so much as leave the room, she freaks out. So we are trying to get that behavior under control and back to normal. But all in all, from the experience that I've had, I would definitely still recommend this method. I love that she made so much progress so fast, and that we never have to deal with expensive pull-ups or anything. We threw away the diapers, and it's been panties ever since. And lots of laundry. :)

As for my update, I guess I'll talk about the baby since I have such a one-track mind lately. I had a dr. appointment on Wednesday and everything is looking good. The head is where it should be, no complications that we can see so far. I'm not anywhere close to delivering, which is a little disappointing. Because these days, I am a bit of an invalid. I've been having a ton of pain, and by the end of the day I can barely make it up the stairs. Sometimes Marty has had to swing my legs over the bed so I can get up! I can't believe how DIFFERENT this pregnancy is from my last one. With Brynn, my last month was the best I had felt the whole time (since for one month I had FINALLY stopped throwing up). People very sympathetically asked me how I was feeling that last month, and I was always like, "I'm GREAT! I feel awesome! No complaints!" This time the first two trimesters weren't as rough, but oh man this last month has been a kicker. I notice it's so much worse when I hold Brynn, but it is SO HARD to look into that sweet little face when she is asking to be held and say "no." So lately we've been watching a lot of movies and reading a lot of books together so I can stay off my feet.

So that's the big stuff. I'd like to make a goal of posting more of the little stuff, too...but I think I won't hold my breath for that one. I just don't seem to have quite as much blogging enthusiasm as I've had in the past, but I'll try to fix that. :) Enjoy conference this weekend!

2 comments:

Jana said...

Eh, the blogging enthusiasm comes and goes; I'm pretty sure you don't need to feel bad about that.
SORRY you're feeling so lousy lately! That sounds so un-fun! It makes me want to bring you cookies. Are you still trying not to eat chocolate?
And yikes about Brynn's extra attachment...should be pretty interesting once Bryce gets here. heh.
Jeff's probably going to do NAU distance too. He applied for the same program as Marty but now he's probably going to do the leadership one instead...so we'll see if he can get that all going in time to start in June as well.
Also, I just want you to know that the word verification on here says "cubjubui", which I wish was a real word.

Kachelle said...

yay for no more diapers! the poop thing is normal, at least she'll go in the toilet once she gets there, that's a really good sign! don't worry about the wet in the morning, some kids take till they're 4 or 5 to get that part. only one out of the three i've potty trained got the dry in the morning down right away. it sounds like she's doing really well!! i hope you baby comes soon!