Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Happy Easter/birthday

We had a really nice weekend. This is Brynn at our ward Easter "carnival" with an egg painted on her face.
















We painted eggs with the Millers a while ago, and here is Marty's Humpty Dumpty....















And the egg Brynn made that is covered in layers upon layers of stickers. I made one for baby Bryce that was blue with lots of different types of balls on it, just to prove to Marty that I do know how to decorate something without using pink or hearts.
















Here is Brynn's Easter egg hunt on Easter morning.



What would Easter be without robin egg candy all over your face?















AND deviled eggs?














Our ward ended up canceling the last two hours of church due to lack of teachers. It was nice to have that time to spend together as a family. Brynn spent lots of time on Daddy's lap looking at pictures and talking about Jesus and the nail prints in his hands. We learned to stop referring to it as "marks" in his hands, because Brynn couldn't distinguish the difference between those and markERS on hands. So she started drawing on her hands with markers all the time and acting really proud of herself for having markers on her hands just like Jesus. Another nice part of the day was being able to sing with Marty. We met in chamber choir at UVSC and singing together has always been one of our favorite things to do, but it has just gotten so tricky with Brynn around (she is really possessive of the piano). We wanted to sing the version of "Behold the Wounds in Jesus' Hands" that was in this issue of the Ensign because it is one of our FAVORITE songs. We thought maybe we'd be able to get through a verse or two, but Brynn fell asleep on Marty's shoulder and we sang the whole night away! It felt SOOO good!!

Also, my birthday was Monday. On Friday we had a nice night out on the town for as long as I could hold out. But then I decided that my ultimate birthday wish was to take it as easy as humanly possible that day. Which I did. :) Brynn and I watched lots of movies and snuggled like crazy. Then Marty came home that night with the most thoughtful bundle of, I guess spa-type things for me (back scratchers, massaging foot scrub, etc) to make me (as he put it) as comfortable as possible for the next two weeks. And then of COURSE the night was full of games. Anyway, I am now 25 and starting on my next quarter of a century! :)

6 comments:

Helen said...

So um...I'm sure there is a story behind this but I'm pretty sure your kid is only wearing one shoe. Details? Looks like a fun day.

Marty and Emily said...

Ah, yes. Those are Brynn's favorite shoes. She's always asking to wear her "pretty black shoes" but then sometimes just gets distracted in the process of putting them on and moves on to something else, which I guess is what happened that morning. So when people talk about having the attention span of a 2 year old, that is what they mean.

Semi Granola Mom said...

Hopefully you got my bday wishes on facebook, glad to hear it went well :)
~C

Helen said...

You say "attention span of a 2 year old" I say "attention span of an Oldham". Potato Patahto.

Jana said...

I love Brynn's pink polka dot shirt!
And she is ridiculously talented on the piano, wow.
I meant to make deviled eggs with all those eggs we dyed but apparently I wasn't drinking enough water over the weekend and gave myself painful contractions & backache whenever I did anything, so I didn't do much of anything.
And Happy Birthday! I made you a cake, but you didn't come get it so I ate it. sorry. If you come over this week, I'll make you another one. But you have to take it home.

David & Jessica said...

Happy birthday! It lookes like you guys had a nice easter! I love blogs, now AZ and friends don't seem that far away. Are you planning on coming up to UT any time soonish... I know with the baby on it's way it probably wont be for awhile. You are such a cute mom and family, I hope we can have a family that sings and plays together :). Have a happy day!