Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Brynn things

I'm expecting a certain other little person to start completely taking over the blog here in a couple of weeks. So I want to post a little about Brynn before that happens.

The biggest thing I have to say about Brynn is that she is more loving and affectionate than any mommy could hope for. She is becoming ridiculously emotional, yes. Tantrums, yes. But still ridiculously loving. We can already see how empathetic she is by the way she treats us when we are having a down day, or when someone on a movie or something is sad. She gets this dramatic, sad look on her face, then pretends to cradle whoever it is while saying, "Poor, poor ____. There, there, it's ok." Sometimes she'll sing to the person/animal/thing to make it feel better. We took her to see "Reflections of Christ" at the visitor's center a while back, and when we got to the Atonement/Crucifixion pictures, she started to cry saying, "Poor Jesus." A while ago, a bully at the playground started kicking sand in her face. She just looked up at him with a slightly confused look on her face and said, "Uh oh, be careful." And went back to playing. The kid just shrugged his shoulders and went to go torment someone else.

I am so jealous of Brynn that she spends so much more time at the piano than I do. And she's good! Listen to how fast she can play this C major scale...

I've decided that Halloween is Brynn's favorite holiday. After most holidays, she just moves on, but she just keeps coming back to Halloween. When she hears the wind blow outside, she always wants to recite this poem....

5 Little pumpkins sitting on a gate.

The first one said, "Oh my, it's getting late."

The second one said, "There are witches in the air."

The third one said, "But we don't care."

The fourth one said, "Let's run and run and run."

The fifth one said, "I'm ready for some fun."

"ooooooh," went the wind and out went the light.

And the five little pumpkins rolled out of sight.

2 comments:

Logan & Lindy said...

Ok SERIOUSLY she is playing the Piano!!!! I am in major amazment of her playing the scale. WOW! That seriously is so awesome. I really had to watch it twice!!!
The poem is so cute to! Itsnt crazy how they are talking so much!!! Crazy crazy!! Our babys are growing up!!

Anonymous said...

She is the cutest thig ever. I wished we lived closer so I could see her all the time, and you of course. I can't believe she is playing the piano. I shouldn't be to shocked she is your daughter. YOu are such a great mom!