Saturday, December 6, 2008

My Big Fat Holiday Weekend

3 Fun holiday events in 24 hours. I think I like Queen Creek.



Friday night:

“Queen Creek Hometown Christmas” at the Queen Creek Branch Library. A new library just opened and it is so nice! I am so excited to have a good library now without having to drive into Mesa.



Anyway, they had a Christmas party there with Santa, booths, craft areas, and other stuff. Unfortunately, my camera died and I was about to take Brynn's picture with the lame FAKE snow machine. But this is what the library looks like.


































Saturday morning:
Queen Creek Holiday Festival & Parade















Brynn's favorite part was the horsies (she says something like "Hote-sies"). She cried whenever they left. Good thing there are a LOT of hote-sies in QC.



Watchin' with Mommy



















And Daddy


















Santa #2 from this weekend


















Daddy loves having Brynn on his shoulders because she caresses his cheeks and runs her fingers through his hair.

















But Mommy loves it because of this.

















In this particular petting zoo, Brynn's favorite was the duck.



















Brynn and Daddy are on the left, walking around the park...probably looking for more free stuff. :)


















And this picture is for all of our relatives. We love you guys, but yes. This is us at a Christmas party in December, outside, sitting in the shade, eating a snow cone in short sleeves. Did I mention we love you?




















Saturday evening:
The Polar Express

Our ward Christmas party was the cutest little Polar Express program. The room was set up like a train and they had a big screen at the front where they showed little clips from the movie. During the clips they had the chefs in costumes dance in and hand out hot chocolate. The conductor stood at the front and gave directions like, "We need to sing songs to make the train go," or "everybody lean to the left," etc. Anyway, Brynn got SO into it. Here she is with the conductor.


















A very dark picture of the train.
















A very dark picture of Santa. And although this was Brynn's third Santa experience in such a short time, she still wasn't a fan of him. She is on the left clinging to Daddy.
















A very radiant picture of Mommy (ugh, can you tell it was rather a long day?) and Brynn waving her golden train ticket around like crazy.
















And a picture of her holding the bell she got from the Polar Express Santa. Her favorite new toy and Mommies new favorite annoyance.
















Sporting the baby bump at the holiday functions. I told myself I was NOT going to post a profile pic of myself on the blog. But then, my family lives so far away and...I just couldn't help it.

So, what's in store for tomorrow? The First Presidency Christmas Devotional, choir practice in the morning (ya, I don't remember the last ward in which I wasn't the choir accompanist at some point), so basically an hour of Christmas songs. And then after church is Stake choir practice, so basically 2 more hours of Christmas music. The difference is that tomorrow will be sacred music, and maybe can start the week off on a different holiday tone. I'll call this "the Santa weekend" and now I am going to try to make it a more...edifying month. Any suggestions?

3 comments:

Logan & Lindy said...

Ok what a fun filled weekend!!Ok I am loving the baby bump!

Jana said...

WOWIE!! Queen Creek does sound pretty fun...i wonder if we could have found fun stuff here if we'd looked. Jeff DID say there was a beer fest downtown somewhere...and an art festival...and a ham radio fest at MCC.
Holy Cow that sounds like the funnest ward christmas party ever!
And your preggie belly is so cute! AWWW Brycie!!!

Anonymous said...

What a fun weekend. I love Christmas time. You are so cute pregnant I love it! Congrats on the BOY! I am so excited for you guys. Boys are so much fun. good Luck this week let me know if you come up with any ideas. Can I get your address so I can mail a christmas card?