Monday, December 8, 2008

Glad

Today I took a toddler on a long shopping trip. While we were out I decided I needed to think positive. This is what I came up with:

1. I'm glad that Brynn has outgrown almost all of her clothes, because that's all the more I get to see of that sweet belly poking out from under her too-short shirts.

2. I'm glad that I drive an old clunker car, because I don't have to worry about selling it. That means that if my husband buys manure and puts it in the trunk and forgets about it for two or three days, I at least won't have to worry about the effect the horrible, horrible stench would have on re-sell value.

3. I'm glad that I don't have teenagers to help their pregnant mom bring in the groceries, because...well, then I would have teenagers.

:)

2 comments:

Jana said...

LOL Hmmm....valiant effort there.
Um, did Marty aCtuAlly put manure in your car? If so he might win a bad husband award...or maybe just a weirdo award, because WHO PUTS manure in a trunk?

Marty and Emily said...

Ha ha, ya, he really did. Last month when we planted our winter grass, he went and bought the seeds and the bags of fertilizer and put them all in the trunk. And then we didn't get around to it that Saturday, so we had to plant the grass Monday instead. Which is when he realized he had left bags of manure sitting in the trunk. And I have since realized that it is not possible to get rid of that smell unless you, like, buy a new car. :) That's the story. Makes me sick every time I drive! But I guess I can't quite bring myself to giving him the bad husband award because I still get breakfast in bed all the time.