Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Craftin' up a storm

If anyone is interested in some fun, really easy crafts for little kids, here are a few ideas.












Here is Brynn making a snowy, decorated, cowboy-Christmas-cactus. :)
Glue is her new favorite thing in the world. I love watching how hard she concentrates, just to get herself to squeeze the bottle AND aim it all at the same time.


Here she is making a Santa Clause with cotton swabs. We would spread the glue and then she would say, "Pat, pat, pat" as she attached the swabs to the paper. So, here she is "patting."
Making snowflake ornaments out of Popsicle sticks and glitter. She looks cold, doesn't she? Isn't that GREAT! :)
Voila!
The cactus, the Santa, the top-right is Brynn's version of a snowflake (she started getting really offended when I tried to help, so this one was ALL her), and the top-left is a green piece of paper in a cone with beads (her other favorite) glued on to make a Christmas tree.
Our snowflake ornaments on the tree.
We probably won't win any art contests with them, but it was easy, and SO fun to do together!

6 comments:

Semi Granola Mom said...

We are so making popsicle stick snowflakes too! We are having a play group christmas party on Friday and I wanted an easy craft for the girls, so bought all the stuff today :) Stamping is another fun craft we do around here ( since mommy has thousands of stamps ) I let Jasmin make all her own thank you cards :) And it isn't too messy and she totally loves to stamp things and then color them in.
~C

Lindsay said...

such great ideas. I love the Santa and snowman craft. I might have to steal some of those ideas--my boys would love to do them!

Jana said...

Oh my gosh, those are so cute!! The snowflakes look awesome on the tree! I love that she got offended when you helped her. Emma spends about 30% of her life being offended by me.
And your red table is to cute too.
You win such a good mom award for this. And WOW you've blogged so much lately, you must really be feeling better!

David & Jessica said...

cute! you are such a cute mom! I hope I remember all the cute things you do when I have kids so I can try them out. ;)

mcranford said...

Those are cute ideas. I wish that my kids would sit still long enough to maybe do some of them - ya right!! Any plans to visit up here - let me know.

Shaun and Maren said...

Oh! I love the crafts. I'm glad you posted these cause I needed some ideas for the upcoming family reunion. And...Hello, where have I been..I didn't even know you were pregnant! Congratulations!

Have you been feeling better for this pregnancy? I sure hope so!