Friday, October 24, 2008

Homemade Playdough

Today I made playdough for the first time. I had so much fun with Brynn! I made it because my downstairs was a wreck and I thought that would keep her really busy while I cleaned, but then in the end I didn't want to leave the fun. So we both played. : ) We made snakes, snowmen, flowers, and then put hats on all of them. And Brynn made lots of...squishy...things. I think it was a good recipe, so here it is if anyone wants it.

Homemade PlayClay
2 C flour
1 C Salt
1 tsp. cream of tartar
2 Tbsp. oil
1 tsp. food coloring
2 C water

Mix ingredients together in a heavy saucepan and heat over medium heat, stirring constantly until dough leaves sides of the pan. Let it cool completely then knead out any bubbles. Store in plastic bags.








2 comments:

Jana said...

I think that's the exact stuff my mom used to make for us!! It was genius. But I can't believe you could make it without puking, didn't you find it stinkalicious? Oh that reminds me, I was helping in Emma's classroom and one of the other moms came and read Pinkalicious to the class and i thought of you with a tear in my eye....

Christy said...

How fun! I remember my grandmother made me playdough all the time. I remember it being kind of grainy... is this recipe like that? Don't worry about your house being messy, our kids are only little for so long and then the messes will be gone and we'll be glad looking back that we all spent the time playing with our kids and letting the messes go. Besides that, we'll be down in a few short weeks, and I'll be able to help you. We love you guys and can't wait to see you!!