Sunday, October 12, 2008

This week

This is a picture of our computer, which is currently in shambles on the ground. Yes, currently. Even though it is open and pieces are everywhere, we have finally managed to make it work for now. So, I'm sorry I've been such a terrible blogging buddy lately, but I promise to come visit you all now!











This is me getting ready to tackle the icky, evil kitchen. Pretty much everything in the kitchen grosses me out right now, so the only way I could make myself even go near it was to keep smelling a piece of fresh lemon. But I kind of needed both hands to clean, so I finally opted to tape it to my face. Marty said he'd only help me if I took a picture, so here ya go Marty. But just by way of update, I am actually feeling a little better these days. My Relief Society president told me today that I am looking much less green. :)
Here is our camp-out dress rehearsal. We want to go to the ward camp-out in a couple weeks, but are a bit worried about Brynn. She is a little tempermental about sleeping in her own room and her own bed, but we couldn't have asked more from her this night! We set up the tent in our back yard and put the pack and play in it. I was absolutely shocked when we put her down and she just laid down and went to sleep. In fact, she did better then mommy, who wimped out and finally went in the house about 1:00 or so.
It was a really fun evening complete with smores on the BBQ. I know these pictures are dark and slightly useless, but this bottom picture is Home Sweet Home in the tent. The pole in the middle is actually a lamp we brought inside and hooked up with an extension cord.
Brynn' s doing her part campaigning for prop 102. Marty brought a sign inside one day and it was like she knew just what to do with it!

3 comments:

Jana said...

Brynn is so civic minded! She loves letting her political views be known.
I love that you had a camping dress rehearsal.
I couldn't quite figure out that picture...of your nose thing...is it really a lemon taped to your nose? You are such a trooper to make yourself do things!!
I was pretty happy to get your comment on my blog, and I keep thinking that we need to get together! Is Marty working this week? Jeff is kind of on and off.

Christy said...

Oh Emily! I love you to death, and I can't even imagine how you are feeling. The lemon on your nose is hysterical, and I don't blame you one bit for doing it. You're so much better than I am. I would tell Kelly that he'd have to do it for me. We can't wait to see you guys! I'm planning on helping you with anything and everything, so get your lists ready. Love you guys.

Marty and Emily said...

Don't even think about it, Christy! You are coming here for a VACATION. And...possibly also to paint. But mostly to VEG, have FUN, and take a big old BREAK! Can't wait to see you!