Monday, December 17, 2007

Sigh....

Alright, I'll do my best to make a long story short. This is the first time Brynn has been this sick and it has gotten a tiny bit overwhelming at times. Yesterday she threw up EVERYWHERE in her crib. How is it possible that a tummy that sweet and small could expel so much nastiness? No matter how hard we cleaned, her room still smelled like puke. WHERE WAS IT HIDING? Actually, this morning it was much better. Anyway, I was up with the poor girl pretty much most the night last night. All I wanted to do was sleep in, but regardless of the night she's had, Brynn is always an early riser. I got up with her this morning and gave her a bath. I was just sitting there reading when I heard, "Uh-ooohhhh...." I looked over and saw the nastiest (sorry in advance) diarrhea-mixed-with-floaties I have ever seen! What do I do? I got her out, wrapped a towel around her and stuck her in the exersaucer while I fished out the floaties and washed the tub (sorry again, but it's not my fault you kept reading...), and started filling it up again to re-wash Brynn. Well, of course by this time all of the hot water was gone (I guess because in the midst of all of this the dishwasher was running) so I am traveling back and forth between the kitchen and the microwave trying to heat water for Brynn's bath...sheesh.

Now I know this is absolutely nothing compared to what is yet to come for me as a mommy. So I guess my questions to all of you mothers out there are the following: How do you EVER take care of sick children when there are more than one of them? ESPECIALLY when you are sick, too? I honestly can't imagine it. And...do you ever get used to cleaning up vomit and poop? Oh, one more thing...Thank you mom! I love you!!!!

8 comments:

Velika said...

Oh, Emily, my heart goes out to you! I haven't had the tub experience, but Jeffrey got the flu while we were visiting my in-laws. It was crazy to say the least.
Can I do anything for you? What do you need?

Worthen World said...

poor baby..... oh and I feel sorry for Brynn too. LOL
Really I feel for you and from my experience it never gets easier.

Unknown said...

This is terrible! I feel sorry for you both, and I can't imagine either, how moms can be sick AND take care of all their kids, whether they are sick or not? It is a mystery to me. I hope you all are great soon! Let me know if you need anything :)
Oh- and I am still uneasy about 23, but I try to convince myself and others that I am smarter :)

Logan & Lindy said...

Emily! I am sorry about the bath thing that sounds pretty sick and warming up the water you are a good mom! I would of said wet ones Brooklyn! Till we have hot water!!!

I find my self with the same question of two kids. I dont know how moms do it. I guess I will find out some day!! Probably not soon!

Christy said...

Emily!!! I had no idea she was sick like that. I am so sorry. I will tell you that it's not easy as you've found out. When me and the boys were all sick at the same time, I honestly hoped that the world would come to an end. It's one of the hardest things I have ever had to do.
But you just have to do what you can and you'll get through it. The more it happens (hopefully not very often) the better you'll get at it and know what works and what doesn't.
And I agree 100% about the baby wipes that Logan & Lindy suggested!

Kachelle said...

First of all it's ok to ask for help. i don't live far away and would be glad to hold your adorable girl so you can sleep. and no, you don't get used to that gross stuff. I was watching one of brakelle's friends the other day. we went shopping for fun and she puked all over my car. so gess what i did? i puked in the parking lot! what a wonderful day.

Unknown said...

oh Emily, I'm sorry you had that aweful experience. I never had to go through the bath tub thing, but brianna puked in my face at a subway once. It was horrible. It doesn't get easier, but you do learn to adjust. Let me know if you need any help. I know when I'm sick my mom comes and picks up my house, because nothing gets done when two kids and the mom is sick. So let me know if I can help.

Ashley said...

You are awesome and you can do it! When you do have another one Brynn will be your little helper! She will turn on the "mommy mode"! Hee hee! I love having a little girl first just for that reason!:)
Anyway, you are my hero!