Monday, December 10, 2007

The Messiah





On Sunday I played violin in a local production of Handel's "Messiah." I haven't played much since college, so it felt SO good to be playing again! And the music is absolutely inspired and amazing. I can't believe he wrote the entire work in only 24 days (after which he collapsed and slept for 17 hours). But of course, with God, all things are possible. Handel wrote, "I did think I did see all Heaven before me, and the great God Himself." If any of you ever get a chance to attend a Messiah Sing-Along, I would definitely recommend it. It is a wonderful and uplifting experience.

Speaking of music, here is just a random little song for anyone who is interested. The other day Marty had a song in his head that he had sung in his high school chamber choir, so he looked around on Youtube so that I could hear it. This boy choir is INCREDIBLE! We listened to it three times in a row! Just thought you might enjoy it!








2 comments:

Christy said...

Oh my gosh! I loved that. I am so glad that you posted it. Hearing the boys choir sing that song sent chills throughout my body. You looked beautiful in the pictures too. I am so greatful to have you as a sister-in-law. You're so gifted and I hope that one day my children can learn from you. Love you!

Unknown said...

You look GORGEOUS in those pictures! That is so amazing that you play the violin- I have always thought it would be so neat to play the violin! How fun :)