Thursday, April 18, 2013

My last year of 20s

Saturday was my 29th birthday.  Aren't Saturday birthdays the best?  I often share Marty quite a bit on the weekend, but I had him to myself all day Saturday and all day Sunday and it was honestly one of the BEST birthdays I've had!!  I stayed in bed until NINE.  I didn't even know what that feels like!  Marty took the kids to the store that morning so it was totally quiet and peaceful in my house.  When they got back I opened my dollar store presents from the kids.  A flower and green mug (green's my favorite color) from Brynn, cotton candy and a slotted spoon (???) from Bryce, and chocolate from Gabe.  Marty gave me a bunch of spa stuff trying to keep me comfortable - not an easy task at this point.  He started rubbing my feet with lotion and Brynn said, "Hey!  I wanted to spa Mommy on her birthday!"  So she took one of my hands and started to lotion it.  Then Bryce was feeling left out, so he went to work on the other hand.  So I literally had three people "spa-ing" (Brynn's term) me on my birthday and I couldn't stop giggling about it all day.  As a mom, especially a pregnant one in pain most of the time, you feel like you give and give and give - and love it, truly - but it's hard sometimes.  And then you have a birthday and everyone gives back and you feel appreciated and loved.  Good day.
 
Marty and I went to the Hale Center Theater for my FAVORITE date, a play.  It was 39 steps and really funny.  And I guess I can no longer say I never win anything because out of everyone in the audience my name was the one name drawn for free tickets to the next play!!  Awesome birthday present!  Plus Marty and I were on the front row and one of the actors came to me for participation, which I would normally eat up but the guy just about put me into labor.  Nerves = contractions (I get contractions every time I mess up at the organ!).
 
Then we went across the street for a free birthday meal at Liberty Market.  Mm!
 

 I seriously can't even say how wonderful this guy made my day, and how happy he makes me each day.  I definitely helped an old lady across the street in the pre-existence or something to deserve him.

 I requested lemon cake - something I requested probably about every other year as a kid.  We'd had several friends drop by during the day and it was really fun for us to have cake and ice cream with our SSIL (step-sister-in-law...have I mentioned they moved to QC recently?  Hooray!). 
I was reminiscing about being just this pregnant with Bryce on my birthday four years ago.  Only that time I was looking for the most mild meal possible and not allowing any cake due to the WORST heartburn ever.  I've been really lucky with that this pregnancy.  Marty bought me spa type stuff on that birthday, too. :)  He's always there for me!

No comments: