Tuesday, March 13, 2012

I figured it out

Sweet Baby Gabe is already sleeping through the night.  I've been doing quite a bit of sleep training with him since he was just a few weeks old and I've been more consistent about it than with my other two, so I'd been hoping for this, but not knowing what to really expect.  The real mystery to me was the timing he had chosen to begin sleeping through the night.  In Utah, he slept in my room (which he hasn't done since he was two weeks old) and he thought it would be really funny to want to eat at least every two hours at night.  By the last night there I think we were up together more than we weren't.  Then our first night back in Arizona I was expecting him to remain spoiled, but he slept through the night.  I figured he was probably just tired from the big trip home.  But now it's been over a week and he's slept through the night all but once.  He's even been sleeping later than I've ever had a baby sleep (or toddler or child, for that matter).  So a couple of mornings ago I started getting nervous around 7:30 so I crept in his room to check on him.  Now I understand the strange timing he had for sleeping through the night.  In Utah he discovered his hands.  Apparently he's also discovered his THUMB!!  My mom always said thumb-suckers are good babies.  Now I can agree with her. :)


And here he is in the Bumbo chair.  Thanks, Great Grandma!  (Anyone else think his hair is going to be FLAMING red?)

This was totally Bryce's idea.  I hope these two brothers can have many many more days up in the loft playing trains (or whatever) together.

*yawn*

1 comment:

Nicole said...

He's such a cute baby!!