Monday, March 26, 2012

Bored?

 The kids have been surprisingly into robots lately.  So as I was at the end of my rope trying to referee fights between the kids, I realized they were acting like that because they were bored.  We pulled out the playdough, and then I dumped a bunch of small tools and office supplies on the table and told them to build robots.  We had so much fun!!

Below is Brynn's first robot.  It was interesting to me that she had a hard time getting her brain to build anything other than a two dimensional robot (like drawing a picture).  Kid's brains fascinate me. :) 

 Bryce took a break from robot-building to ask me to braid Rapunzel's hair.  Really, Bryce?  Ok....  But as soon as I gave him back my beautiful braid, he got this evil look on his face and said, "I CUT your HAIR, Rapunzel!  HA!!"  That's more like it.

 Ta-da!  She caught on by the end!

 "Fixing" her robot...
 Sweet Baby Gabe kept us company. 
Yes, there is a sticker on his shirt.  He would only turn his head one way, so we were trying to stretch out and strengthen his neck muscles. I told the kids that whenever they wanted to talk or play with him, to play with him over on the sticker side.  Come to think of it, I'm surprised that never backfired on me and that I never came into the room to see Gabe covered head to toe in stickers.  It did suspiciously end up on his face once....

No comments: