Sunday, June 27, 2010

Not too much to report

Just life. We are all enjoying Daddy's low-stress summer. Seminary teachers are on 12 month contracts, so even though Marty is still working during the summer, it's usually just an 8 hour day with no 4:00 a.m. alarms.

Here is the incredible karaoke duo blastin' out hits from High School Musical. That little girl loves to sing. I'm always coming down the stairs to find her belting out her own composition and accompanying herself at the piano. When we tuck her in at night, she has decided she would rather sing us our favorite songs, rather than the other way around. She's probably figured out that Mommy is a sucker and will stay up just as long as she keeps on singing.
And as for Bryce: Huh? White footprints coming out of the bathroom?

Oh. Good thing it was just baking soda. Makes me glad I threw out all my harsh cleansers and started using home-made, non-toxic stuff. Thanks for the idea, Lindsay! (Here's the link to the cleaning recipes: http://thecreativemama.com/clean-with-green/) What a typical picture of my climbing/mess-and-mischief-making boy.

Marty was called into the Young Men's program a couple weeks ago. I panicked for a very short time until I was assured that I'd be able to stay in Young Women's and we could work it out. I've never lived in FEAR of being released before until I got to be with those girls, and now I am so attached to them and I can't imagine being released! On Tuesday morning the young men came to our house to make Hershey kiss flowers and posters to hang on the doors/garages of the young women, who were all returning from camp that afternoon. That's a nice welcome home, eh? I forgot, have I mentioned that Marty and I really love the youth in Queen Creek? :)

No comments: