Sunday, June 20, 2010

Dad

P.S. Sorry about the prom pic - every picture I have of him since I've been married is with grand kids. We need a new one of the two of us, Dad!
I'm not exactly the Hallmark-writing type, but I just wanted to give a shout-out to my dad today. I've counted myself lucky in life for a lot of reasons, but having this guy as my dad is one of the biggest ones. My dad has always been one of my best friends. As exhausted as he would be when he came home from work, he had no shortage of hugs and attention for me. When I would play at the neighbors house, the second I saw my dad's truck start up our street, I would make a mad dash to go see him. My dad took me on tons of dates, and showed me what it was like to be on a date with a gentleman. My dad set such a good example for me. I saw so many heavily marked "Understanding Isaiah" books laying around the house, I just had to start reading them out of curiosity. My dad saw my potential, described it to me, and I worked as hard as I possibly could to reach that and be the kind of person my dad knew I could be. My dad faithfully stayed worthy of the Priesthood and I was able to receive wonderful blessings from him in any time of need. I love you, Dad!

3 comments:

Grandpa and Grandma Oldham said...

Oh Emily. What a wonderful daughter. One small correction though; it was I who followed your example. Love Dad

Grandpa and Grandma Oldham said...

Actually Em, you could teach those Hallmark writers a thing or two!! What a sweet daughter we have. (Mom)

Anonymous said...

Your dad is the best! Does he still have ice cream sandwiches in his freezer? That was a very sweet post.