Saturday, August 22, 2009

I know my helping verbs!

This is for you, Neil!

My father-in-law is a masterful teacher. Next year, he will have been teaching in six different decades! One day Marty was talking to him about this upcoming school year and asked, "Do you still do this in your English classes...." And then rattled off this big string of words. It was the coolest thing I'd ever heard! It caught me off guard and I laughed until my stomach hurt! I HAD to learn it. :) Neil organized all the helping verbs into a rhythmic, poetic phrase which made it really easy to learn. So, thanks Neil!

5 comments:

Jana said...

LOL! I have no idea what you just said but you sure looked cute saying it!

Helen said...

Um yeah Em...those are not real words. Way to go on your gibberish though.

Wilkinson Family said...

WOW, you could be one of the people on commercials that speed talk at the end :)

Jake Anderson said...

am, are, be, been, is, was, were, did, do, does, has, have, had, may, might, must, can, could, shall, should, will, would. Now you can learn the Mr. Johnson prepostitional phrase trick "The worm crawled ____ the apple" You're father-in-law was a fun teacher, tell him he did a good job.

Jake Anderson said...

Oh, and FYI I think he has added to the list from when Marty and I learned this one it school. You'll have to learn the updated version, and post again.