Thursday, August 13, 2009

Bake-aholic

I like to cook.

I don't so much like to bake.

I hate measuring cups and I hate sticking things in the oven and just having to hope they turn into what they are supposed to. And I hate following directions. I didn't like to cook until I learned to be creative.

Enter the cake mix cookies.

Most people I have talked to already know this recipe, but it is fabulous. You can take pretty much any cake mix and add two eggs, 1/3 cup of oil, roll it into balls, press them down with something, and stick them in a 350 dgree oven for seven or eight minutes. They are soft and moist and delicious!

Lately I have been making a LOT of cookies. I feel like lately people have been really nice and doing a lot of random favors for us and sometimes the only thing I can think of to do is give them food. So I've been having lots of fun being creative with these cookies. A few of my favorites have been:
-Devil's food cake mix with chocolate chips
-Devil's fook cake, rolling the balls of dough in cocoa powder (like a truffle - I guss I needed a chocolate fix)
-Lemon cake mix with powdered sugar on top
-Strawberry cake mix with coconut, nuts, and a few chocolate chunks
Next up: Rocky road cookies, and I want to have some fun with a spice cake.

2 comments:

Wilkinson Family said...

you can also roll the devils food around a rolo :)

Jana said...

We are so opposite, I love to bake but don't like cooking so much! But your cookie list made me think of these oreo truffles that have been on my mind for awhile...did you have them at my shower? Holy cow so good, and no baking. I guess it's just crushed oreos and cream cheese mixed together and dipped in chocolate. Oh, they were so goooooooood....