Friday, May 29, 2009

life and the zoo

Recently we finally made it out to the Sonora Desert Living Museum in Tuscon. It was really cool! Bryce was great and slept the entire time, and Brynn loved the animals (especially the otter). Oh, and we got to try out the new double stroller - I can't believe I have two kids!


(Prairie Dogs)







This is old news, but I am becoming quite used to being behind on everything. In early May, we had an early heat wave. 14 strait days over 100 degrees. In May. Ugh. Soon after we had a couple of cooler, overcast days, so of course we spent LOTS of time at the park. I do NOT take cool, or even COLD weather for granted. Here in Arizona, NO day is too cold for me!!! I love them all, they make me feel less homesick. I can't say the same for Utah's cold days....
See the clouds? Hooray for clouds! Sometimes I get sick of the sun.
I guess Bryce didn't care about the cool weather. Sleeping as usual. During the DAY. And NOT at night, grrr.
As you can see, we are ALL suffering from lack of sleep. It's usually been extremely rare for Brynn to fall asleep anywhere other than her bed, but not anymore!
On another unrelated note, Marty and I had a fun date tonight! We saw the movie "Night at the Museum 2" and really liked it! I love movies like that, and Marty (the history major) especially does. It's not like we expect a comedy to be historically accurate or deep, but it's just fun to see how they depict the characters. And then I have fun picking Marty's brain later about some of the different people and hearing about what they really did, or were really like. We discussed it over awesome burgers at Johnny Rockets! It's a fun 1950's-looking diner. I told Marty that this is our big date of the month and that I was going for it - I was getting a root beer AND a strawberry shake and no one was going to stop me! But then I saw that shakes were 5 bucks and I stopped myself. Of course my SWEET and WONDERFUL and THOUGHTFUL husband picked one up for me later on his way home from grocery shopping. Even though he hasn't been eating sweets and ice cream is his favorite thing in the world. Sigh. I love my husband.
Well, that is my random post. :)

3 comments:

Jana said...

Ah, so fun! Good to see you can handle life with two kids!
We saw Night at the museum 2 and also LOVED it! It was hilarious...the evil pharaoh guy cracked me up.
Love your new blog background!

Cheryl and Dave said...

Emily, you look AMAZING! And your family is so cute. It sounds like you are getting the hang of the whole 2 kid thing. :)

AmbertheGreat said...

what a nice husband! I want to go see that movie, I am glad that you liked it...Jake and I need a date night :) Brynn is looking so big and Bryce is so cute - good luck with sleeping through the night