Sunday, May 17, 2009

Alaskans

My brothers and sister-in-law flew in from Alaska last weekend and spent a couple days with us before heading up to Utah (my freaky-genius brother had a physics convention and he brought Corey and Helen with him). We had so much fun! We played games, and ate TONS of ice cream...I mean we REALLY pigged out on it.


Apples to Apples (fun game)

Alaska is so far - I am SO glad my brothers have been able to see both my newborns
I like these guys :)

They were here for Mother's day, and it was SO great! I think I need to have three awesome men around every Mother's day. Marty made a fabulous breakfast (as usual), and the boys and Helen made the BEST BBQ salmon dinner that night. All I had to worry about that day was the baby, and it was wonderful.
Then they surprised me with the start of a garden. I keep saying I am going to start one, and since they are really into gardening (they are building their own greenhouse in AK!) they really helped me out. I love the pics of Brynn helping. I wish I could have been there to see it, but then that would have spoiled the surprise. :)






I wanted them to try out the popcorn game they gave us, and Justin became the first person ever to make a basket.

They entertained Brynn with some partner juggling...

she cracked up every time they dropped a ball
and then she tried it, too.


They gave Brynn these really cool window markers, which I think will come in very handy when I am trying to get anything done in the kitchen (which just has NOT been happening lately).

I get the feeling they like their niece and nephew. Which is a really fun feeling to get.
More random Mother's day pics
Also random, Daddy and Brynn had a really fun time washing the cars together.


1 comment:

Helen said...

We ate so much ice cream between AZ and UT that I've sworn it off for at least a month! It was so fun to see you all. We miss you!