Thursday, January 15, 2009

January update

I keep putting off posting something because I just don't have a whole lot to say. But I guess at this point it's important to say simply that we are all alive and well!

Back in the swing of things...
Marty is getting back into the swing of things at school. His class schedule changed some, and I think he had some reservations about it, but the semester has gone really well so far and I am happy for him. Right now he is deciding between two different majors for graduate school, but he is planning to start as soon as he can. I will miss all the time we've been able to spend together the last couple of years we've been here in Arizona.


Brynn is SO two...
Brynn had a couple bad days after we returned home from our trip from Utah. I think she may have been a little spoiled there. :) But she adjusted to home again and it's been so fun to have a chatty little toddler running around our house. I'm pretty sure she's the sweetest little thing in the universe, although I will say that she is becoming VERY good at being 2 years old. We've had our share of tantrums lately (yes, I said we - don't forget I'm pregnant).

9 lbs 9 oz?! SERIOUSLY?!
Baby Bryce seems to be developing well. Maybe a little too well. I feel like my stomach right now at 5 months along is about where I was at 7 or 8 months with Brynn. And then Marty dropped this bombshell on me: "Well, I was 9 lbs 9 oz when I was born." Let's all hope and pray this baby takes after Mom and not Dad.


Speaking of taking after dad, look how much Brynn looks like Marty with her bangs pulled back! I couldn't believe it!
















I look like Daddy!
















A.I. Party! Oh yeah!!

What was the other great thing that happened to us recently? Oh yeah, American Idol is finally back!!! We got together with the couple that we used to always watch it with at our town home complex. Luckily for us, they moved out to Queen Creek, too! We had a really fun A.I. party, so thanks Andy and Kim!










And while I'm on the subject, does anyone else feel like the new judge is a cute girl and all that, but completely useless? And that our beloved AZ is less talented than expected?

Well, if anything noteworthy happens this week, I'll post it. If not, next week I'll post another update, I guess.

3 comments:

Jana said...

You know.....American Idol is kind of disappointing me this year. I know it's only been on twice, but I gotta say: can they quit making fun of the outrageous people and show some of the GOOD singers? It get so obnoxious!! And yeah, little miss Kara...why? Why did they need a new judge? To compete with Paula or something? And do they now need three yes votes to go to Hollywood? That's something I keep wondering: what if it's a tie? Are two yeses not enough any more? I don't know if I'd call her useless, but I do kind of feel like she's kind of...cocky or something. Did you see her trying to show the one girl how it's supposed to be done? Weirdo. Bring on Hollywood week; I'd really like to see some good singers. I'm sure AZ did fine, they just showed all the freaks.

David & Jessica said...

Oh yes I am still alive! As soon as my brother gives me my camera back I will do some blogging! :) School is good, I just have to get my 2000 hours in and then I will be done, so far I have 300 so I have a ways to go but I really love it!
Oh I can't tell you how much I miss AZ!! It's freezing here which makes me miss it even more! I would love to come and visit you... I will see what I can do ;).

Kristin Coppee said...

LOVE American Idol. We're huge fans. But, the fourth judge IS lame and AZ stinks again! Oh well. AMERICAN IDOL IS BACK ON! That's all I care about!