Friday, January 23, 2009

Got oranges?
















Any of you Arizonans (or anyone else) enjoying oranges lately as much as I am?

Orange Salsa
6 large oranges, peeled, sectioned, and diced
1/2 small red onion, chopped
2 tbsp. oil
2tbsp. cider vinegar
1 tbsp. chopped cilantro
3/4 tsp. salt

Combine. Cover and chill well before serving.

p.s. This is the recipe I won my ward's salsa competition with!


Recipe blog


My friend and I are talking about starting a recipe exchange by way of a blog. Would anyone be interested in participating? Marty and I have really been trying to eat healthy since the beginning of the year, but I am already getting sick of my recipes. I would love some new ideas. I started a recipe blog right before I got pregnant, but considering the fact that I wanted to murder someone if they so much as mentioned food in that first trimester...it kind of failed. Thanks for being such a good sport though, Helen! Anyway, let me know if you are interested. If so, I will post more information coming up.

4 comments:

Logan & Lindy said...

I love Recipe blogs! Yes I would love to add Recipes to it to!!!

Lindsay said...

I would love to join the recipe blog--I am on the search for good, healthy recipes too. We have also been trying to eat healthier...and get our kids too!

Jana said...

I am too lazy to contribute (or even search for) recipes, but here are a few recipe blogs I know of if you're interested--a couple of my friends and friends' friends (you know, in case you decide you'd rather let others do all the work).
www.meredithsrecipes.blogspot.com
www.newhousenewkitchen.blogspot.com
www.cariesrecipes.blogspot.com
www.kellenerecipes.blogspot.com

Ashley said...

I would totally be interested. I am always looking for new recipes and especially healthy recipes. I am not longer private so you can contact me on my blog if you do decide to do this!